ground turkey sausage patties.
Updated: Dec 5, 2019
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I wish I could say I woke up every morning, prepped a fresh, healthy breakfast and headed out the door, but most days I make a quick protein shake or eat leftovers from dinner the night before. When I do have time, I like to be creative and not stick to the usual bacon and eggs....even though I LOVE bacon and eggs. I love pairing these sausage patties in a breakfast sandwich, breakfast tacos...or even crumble them up into a bowl of sweet potatoes, eggs and some greens...the options are endless.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- tbsp pepper
- tbsp salt
It's important to not think too much into this recipe. You mix it all up, form patties and cook in a skillet. You can also add or take away whatever ingredients you may not like.
1. Heat pan over medium heat with a bit of olive oil.
2. Dice onions and green peppers.
3. Add peppers and onions to ground turkey.
4. Add cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Combine mixture together, roll into small meatballs and then smash them into patties.
6. Cook in heated skillet about 3 minutes each side or until each side is golden brown.
7. Eat immediately or keep in fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them.